Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Movie Review: Wreck-It Ralph

My first movie review here! hehe.

Wreck-It Ralph is a cartoon produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios that features a 'bad guy' (Wreck-It Ralph) who longs to be accepted by the community in his game, Fix It Felix Junior. It only dawns on Wreck-It Ralph when he crashes Felix's party celebrating the 30th anniversary of the game that he would never be accepted by the community and a 'bad guy' like him will never be able to win a medal from Fix It Felix Junior no matter how hard he works (at wrecking). With that in mind, Wreck-It Ralph sets out on a journey to obtain his medal to prove himself via joining another arcade game, leaving the characters of Fix It Felix Junior to fend for themselves in the meantime.

I've got to admit. I first saw the title in Disneyland California but didn't think much of it. I mean, how could a story about an arcade game be any good? With this mindset I started the movie without even reading the synopsis.

By the time the credits scrolled, I was once again moved by Disney and amazed at how they managed to turn an arcade-full of games into the land of arcade game characters. In this show, Disney managed to bring out the values of friendship, where we learn we may end up good friends with people we never thought we'd be friends with, and emphasized the fact that our impressions of others may not always be accurate.


It is no secret that I love practically all of the Disney movies I've watched and I've got to say, Wreck-It Ralph is taking up one of the top spots in my list. Knowing that children tend to watch cartoons, I'd say that Disney managed to advocate a couple of values that are important for us to know/remember. The cartoon never has a single dull moment and keeps you entertained throughout the film. I'd give it 4.5 out of 5! But since it's all rounded up...



It's a great show for the family (and friends), and if you have the time, you should definitely catch it before it leaves the theatres!



xoxo
pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment