Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Are you into a Cartographer?


I can't say this often enough, but I truly love it when I find new, good music. Recently, with so many bands following me, I'm feeling motivated to do for reviews.

Today's band, I haven't even listened to everything they have. but from what I'm listening to, it sounds like a band I'm going to love (or ALREADY love).
In case you missed my last review, I'll say it again. I LOVE ROCK MUSIC. If I had to pick a genre to represent me, it'd be Rock. So once again, when I chanced upon Cartographer, who're actually a hard rock band (in my opinion, do correct me.), I was freakin AMAZED.
Everyone's so into pop music nowadays that it's hard to find a piece of Rock music that will be given its deserved recognition. It's probably harder for a Rock band to get the recognition they deserve, so this post's to Cartographer.

Here's why you should listen to them: Brandon Covington (lead singer of Cartographer) has a voice that's MADE FOR ROCK MUSIC
Don't believe me? Listen to them for yourself.



If you DIDN'T press play, here's an analogy. If you love bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Breaking Benjamin, My Chemical Romance or Black Veil Brides, you're bound to love Cartographer. It's right down your alley, and yet, Brandon Covington has a voice that's distinctly his and belongs to nobody else.

They do have quite a few songs on Soundcloud, so I'd recommend you listen to them there. The difference on YouTube is, they do have an acoustic cover of Six Feet Under The Stars by All Time Low. It doesn't take a genius to know that All Time Low is one of my favorite bands, like ever, so it's hard when I'm going to judge. BUT, Brandon Covington managed to sing it so differently from how All Time Low did it, and I'd say it's a pretty decent cover. It's not as good as the original, but it is pretty good!



This is one band I feel has the most potential to making it big in rock as compared to many of the other bands I've listened to. They DO have quite a few awesome songs for you to check out, great covers, I'd rate them at:
This rating has been determined since the start of this post and no matter how many of Cartographer's songs I've heard throughout the span of time writing this post, my mind has never wavered from this rating. They really are THAT good, and deserve some recognition for their efforts and talent.

While pop may be dominating the music world right now, I do hope someone shows the world how Rock will NEVER die and Hard Rock is clearly a genre that everyone seems to overlook. I hope you readers out there will give these clearly talented bands a chance in the spotlight.

To Cartographer (if you read this): I'm a HUGGEEEEEEE fan! Don't ever give up on the dream because you guys are so freakin talented and I'd definitely buy any album you release! I love you guys already and I'm go glad you introduced me to yourselves!

Loved Cartographer? Here's what you have to do:
Listen to them on SoundCloud
Follow them on Twitter
Follow Brandon Covington on Twitter
Check out and Subscribe to their Youtube Account
Like them on Facebook

Want me to review your band, any other band, an album or any song?
Send me an email request at pamela.averylim@gmail.com , tweet me @PamelaAvery_ or simply follow me on Twitter @PamelaAvery_ and I'll do up a review for your band right here on my blog!
I may be starting out here on my blog, but I'd love to give any band/album/song/music the credit they deserve!

xoxo pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment