Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Music Review: Overworld

Before my blog turns into a fashion blog, I figured I'd better blog more music reviews. Hahaha.


I didn't see the picture when I first heard the band, but now that I'm blogging it, they do give off this Japanese anime/manga look, don't they?

The first song I heard from Overworld was Until We're Dead. If you haven't listened to it yet, give it a listen now:



I really liked the riffs and the beats of the song. It's really hard rock. So, great stuff.
BUT, when a song starts off with such beats and riffs, I tend to expect more of the song, especially because they already caught my attention with their first bar. That said, I was a bit disappointed when the lead vocals came in.

Don't get me wrong, they have great lead vocals, but I just don't see the perfect blend between the vocals and the rest of the music that I often do in hard rock - or any music. I just felt that Endigo (lead vocals) has a punk rock quality to his voice, but he's singing hard rock.

Then again, I don't discourage different genres, it's just a personal opinion on the blend of voices and music. And I'm a pretty picky person.

Another song I'd suggest you give a listen to would be Spider.



My take on Overworld?
Separately, I like the vocals and the band music. As a whole? I feel that a bit more could be done with the blend. Maybe they could try something pop rock, or Endigo could add more grit into his voice? Idk. You're gonna have to figure this out.

Perhaps their music reminds me of Black Veil Brides, and I really expected Endigo to have something like Andy's voice that it created that gap in the blending of voices and music for me... I honestly have no clue.

Nonetheless, I still think everyone should give this band a listen because they have some really sick beats and riffs. By sick, I mean I feel that it's top notch awesome.


Like Overworld? Here's what you need to do:
Like them on Facebook
Follow them on Twitter
Subscribe to their YouTube Page

Want me to review your band, any other band, an album or any song?
Send me an email request at pamela.averylim@gmail.com , tweet me @PamelaAvery_ or simply follow me on Twitter @PamelaAvery_ and I'll do up a review for your band right here on my blog!
I may be starting out here on my blog, but I'd love to give any band/album/song/music the credit they deserve!

xoxo pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment