Sunday, February 24, 2013

February: The Rock Music Playlist

I always rave about rock, and since the end of February's coming, I've put together a rock music playlist for all of you to check out!

PS. It's not in any specific order!


(forgive my crappy picture. I did it in a bit of a rush...)

#1: Space Queen by The Mid-Summer Classic
 Remember this band I reviewed in January (See post here)? They're back with a new song and I think it's great! Space Queen gives a different vibe from what I heard in Delanie, and to be honest, Space Queen is more my speed. (What can I say? I love the harsher beats.)

I feel that The Mid-Summer Classic have definitely grown from We Had It All that speaks of similar beats as in Space Queen. Space Queen sounds so much more refined and professional (wait for it)... I love it!

Space Queen is something I can't stop playing, so it definitely qualifies for my Rock Music Playlist this month.



#2: In The End by Black Veil Brides
Firstly, this is Black Veil Brides. Secondly, I believe I've said all I needed to say about how much I love this song in my review of their album (see here). I play this every morning, night, and times in between. I just can't stop playing this song! It's like Black Veil Brides has drugged me and now I'm addicted.

This song is the bomb.



#3: Enemies by Shinedown
Now I feel like I haven't done Shinedown any justice. Since my overpowering love for rock music didn't start too long ago, I only discovered Shinedown this year, and I love them.

This song is good for some anger venting, head banging, rocking out, working out time. (Or perhaps more times that I've failed to mention.)



#4: Sex, Drugs and Violence by Green Day
 Once again, we're talking about Green Day here, so the fact that it's on my playlist is moot. Nonetheless, Sex, Drugs and Violence is such a great song to rock out to (and listen to on any day) with its fast tempo.

Besides, this has to be my favorite song out of Tre (their 3rd album in 2012). Don't ask me why. I just do.



#5: Porcelain Doll by Cartographer
I've loved Cartographer since I first heard their music. The best things about this band? They're crazy sweet to fans (like me) and they actually went down the 'Hard Rock' route as opposed to pop rock. I'm not saying pop rock is bad, but I think it's a daring move.

Porcelain Doll is the latest song by Cartographer and I seriously think that adding it on my blog would do it far more justice than a simple tweet to the band. While Porcelain Doll is a little more mellow than some of their other songs, I really love how they brought the energy of the song up in the chorus. But then again, this is my opinion. You have to hear it for yourself.



Tip: The chorus needs a bit more base in my opinion. The song's good. I'd love it more if it had more base to it cos the vocals are a bit hard on the ears without enough base. Then again, just an opinion! Keep up the good work!

#6: Die Trying by Art of Dying 
 Another band I only came to know of this year, but I seriously think Art of Dying has a lot  of potential in the music industry. These hard rock/metal beats are seriously sick!

Die Trying is a song I could relate to the moment I heard it, and I'm pretty sure most of you will feel the same way too. Especially if you've ever had something you wanted so much that you gave it your all to achieve it.



#7: Riot by Bullet For My Valentine
I'm gonna admit. I was never into metal until recently, so Bullet For My Valentine is another band I've come to know of. In fact, Riot is THE song that decided my fandom. I love their attitude in Riot!

I mean, the lyrics may not be the most motivational, but the guitar solo is pretty amazing and this song is definitely a pretty great song to rock out to with the steady beats that make me wanna bang my head to the music.



#8: Supremacy by Muse
This has been a song on repeat since Muse first released The 2nd Law! Need I say more?

Muse is probably one of the most distinct bands I've ever listened to with their eerily haunting melodies that leave you wanting more. I can't believe I used to think Muse was weird! They're eccentric, unique and madly talented! I wish I went to their concert in Singapore years back!

I do recall thinking this being a better song that Adele for the Bond movie that released last year... Oh well.

Personally, I really like the starting of the song. It really grabs your attention, and then the bridge to the guitar solo... It's AMAZING. Mad love this one.



#9: Since You're Gone by The Pretty Reckless
They haven't been releasing much, but I like singing to The Pretty Reckless. Coincidentally, Taylor's low vocals match my key, so this is definitely a song that I've been playing and listening to.

For those who haven't heard, it's pretty good. Great rock beats, female vocalist. Yes, FEMALE. I have no idea how Rock music managed to survive with the few female vocalists, but when I hear of one and she impresses me, you can see how that goes... Either way, LISTEN. Girls FTW!



#10: Carry On by Avenged Sevenfold
Here's the thing. When it comes to rock, one of my all time favorite hard rock/metal bands that I've loved for AGES is Avenged Sevenfold. They are so freaking awesome and talented that I don't give a fuck how old their songs are. Each one is crazy awesome as it is.

I crazy love this song they released for Call of Duty! I play it every time of the day. Even when I just wake up or when I'm going to sleep. It's so fucking awesome I think I can spend a post on this, but I'll just spare the non-metal listeners a post.

THIS SONG IS A MUST LISTEN. I don't care what you have to say about this.



BONUS: My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) by Fall Out Boy
Fall Out Boy is back in 2013!
This song is something I found myself singing to the moment I heard it.

Light em up up up~ Light em up up up~ I'm on Fire~

Just listen. It's Fall Out Boy. They're hardly ever back. Though I wouldn't exactly put this song in the punk rock music genre. Hell, just listen!



Alright. I hope you really digged the songs I chose for my February Rock Music Playlist. I'm sorry I may have chosen one too many metal pieces, but March will probably be all about pop and pop rock, so hang in there!

Anyway, why not give it a go, expose yourself to new genres of music and for all you know, you may like it!

xoxo pamela

Here's a PROPOSAL.
For March's playlist, I'd like to enlist the help of everybody out there! Be it a band, singer, music lover or a reader, tweet in your/your favorite music to @PamelaAvery_ and I'll be sure to give every piece a listen!

In the meantime, do remember to give @PamelaAvery_ a follow and I promise I will review your band/music! Just remember to be patient with me cos school's already kicking my ass.

ALSO, I'd love to hear what you think of my blog and what else you'd want to read/expect from it! I'm receiving comments and criticism with open arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment