Saturday, March 1, 2014

Taking a little time to myself


photos taken in 2013

Some random pieces of my life (from my Instagram):
 My current fragrance

 Necklace from Forever 21

 Me and my favorite denim jacket (as of now)
Longline black denim jacket from ASOS

 My first concoction: A chocolate banana milkshake

 Necklace from ASOS

Heels from New Look, Red roses headband from H&M, Jelly bag from Shanghai

Amidst all the busy days filled to the brim with activities, one thing I thoroughly enjoy is dedicating a bit of time to myself. Be it doing something alone or simply taking a bit of time out of my schedule to think about life. Sounds philosophical, huh. It's good to have these moments where I can just let my thoughts run wild, to think about where I've been, what I've done, and where I want to go. Even extroverts like me need time to ourselves every once in awhile.

While I do believe that YOLO and 'Do what you love' is overrated, there is this facet of ourselves that we simply cannot deny. Quoting George Bernard Shaw, Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. (i.e. my current slogan). At this moment, I see life as a platform for me to continuously reinvent and craft exactly who I am (that's my slogan in life btw).

Oscar Wilde once said, To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. One day, I want to be able to look back someday and know that I lived my life being true to myself. If that means fighting tooth and nail for the things I want in my life, to never give up, then so be it.

I'm getting too emo aren't I? Just one last quote, giving up is for rookies (Hercules - Disney). If someone out there reads this post till its very end, don't give up on anything worth fighting for. I'm rooting for you too.

xoxo
pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment