Monday, January 13, 2014

북촌한옥마을 (Translated: Bukchon Hanok Village) + FOOD (Korea Trip 2013)

 When in Korea, one must eat Barbecued Meat... It is a sin to leave Korea without eating it.
 Looking at it makes me hungry for it again... Argh...

 And when in Korea, one must learn how to cook Korean food...


Which is how I ended up with this plate of Korean Seafood Pancake with my brother. Strangely, it wasn't a disaster and was actually not too bad!

 The Bukchon Hanok Village is actually a residential area with REAL PEOPLE living in the houses, so we had to make sure we weren't too noisy when we were there...


 The rooftops and doors to some of the houses are traditional because Korean officials used to live in these houses. The houses were then passed on to future generations (and possibly sold).






I couldn't resist. The post box is too cute.


 The view you get from the edge of the place! You can practically see the palace!

And I finally put my Korean Level 1 classes to good use when I ordered ddeokbokki (spicy rice cakes) for my family.
The Bukchon Hanok Village is actually somewhere where many Korean dramas were filmed, so you Korean Drama lovers out there should definitely add this to your must-see list when you visit! Another thing you drama buffs should note is that TV stations like sourcing around Seoul for places to film the various K Dramas, so I guess if you spend enough time in Seoul, you might just catch a glimpse of your favorite Korean actors filming!

For example, Personal Taste was filmed here. Yes, that's Lee Min Ho.
This is the first part of us in Seoul. Actually the next time we were in Seoul it was more shopping and less pictures, so...that's all I have for now!

xoxo pamela


We had to catch a flight to Jeju at the end of the day, so here's a picture on the plane! Yes I know its a selfie...

Next post: Jeju Island

No comments:

Post a Comment