Tuesday, August 19, 2014

USA 2014: Wandering around Grand Central Station like Serena van der Woodsen






















Unlike Serena, I didn't have the luxury of taking a train and arriving at Grand Central in style. I actually had to walk to Grand Central. Thankfully it wasn't too dreadful a walk. The pictures of NYC along the way should tell you something... heh.

By the way, I am beyond amazed at how easy it is to get around by feet in NYC. There was barely the need to ask around consistently for directions, or desperately try to find some obscure street name. As long as you have the street and avenue of your destination.... Voila! You'd probably know where it is!

Back to topic. Grand Central is probably on every tourist's must see list in New York... Especially for gossip girl fans like myself. Also, Grand Central is a prime example of how older buildings have managed to blend in an urban city such as New York, adding to NYC's allure.

You know, I think that is where NYC's charm lies. The blend between old and new buildings. Glass against brownstone. It captures the life of the city with all its hustle and bustle, while retaining the historic charm of New York. I think I'm in love (and I'm not anywhere near Paris).

As you can see, I jetted off on a Subway to my next destination...

Till next time!

xoxo pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment